Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Christie's Dress Re-fashion

Christie always comes up with really creative ideas.  She bought a plain white dress, and she had the idea of adding some red ribbon for embellishment.  The neckline was straight across, so I turned it into a sweetheart.
I wasn't sure what to do with the flowers, but I knew they needed some pizzazz.  I fiddled around with the ribbon until it turned into this!  I like it!  
I think this dress looks like it came out of a trendy boutique now!  
Christie will be wearing her corset underneath to tighten it up and give it a fantastic hourglass shape.
This was a really fun, quick project, and I love how it turned out!  I can't wait to see more pictures from the wedding she'll be wearing it to!  Her hubby will be wearing a black suit, white shirt, and red tie.  Snazzy!  Have fun, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! How did you change the neckline from straight to sweetheart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opened up the bodice, turned it inside out, and sewed curves into the neckline seam.

      Delete