Monday, May 31, 2010

Anita's Grad Dress - February 2010

Anita graduated as a Chartered Accountant, and had a ball to attend. She wanted a formal evening gown. After looking at patterns, she decided on a very flattering design with ruching at the waist, a cross-over bust, and criss-cross straps.


I sewed the lining first, and used that as the fitting. It needed a little bit of tweaking, but was fairly easy to adjust, and the second fitting went really well.


The ruching was fun. I didn't know what it was going to look like, so I was excited when it turne out so cool.


For her last fitting, everything was perfect, so all I had to do was pin up her hem and mark the placement of the straps at the back.


I'm so happy with how well this dress fit her, and it was the most flattering design. Congrats, Anita, you looked beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment