Monday, May 31, 2010

Karen's Lion Costume - Halloween 2009

Karen asked me to make her a lion costume. She had a lion head already, so I made her a jumpsuit and fur boots. She made the tail and furry mitts.


The pattern fit very good considering I didn't make a fitting first. The torso was a little bit short, so I had to add a couple inches at the shoulders.


I designed the boots from scratch. I was going to use elastics at the bottom to hold them to her shoes, but when I tried them on and stuck my foot up to the mirror, it was in the shape of a foot! So, I traced my shoes and cut out some leather bottoms. Presto! Worked like a charm.


I love these boots. I can't wait until I get an opportunity to make more sometime.


Karen looked great in her lion costume. And she said she was nice and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment