Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lindsey's Wedding - The Little Things

This is my last post before the grande finale of the Wedding Day Post.  These are some of the little things.  I got one shot of Lindsey and each of her bridesmaids in various fitting stages.  They're all really cute, so I thought I'd share them here.
Lindsey & Courtney
Lindsey & Danielle
Lindsey & Marla
I made a green satin vest for Lindsey's son, Andrew, who is almost 2.  Can I just say how much I love sewing kid's clothes?  It took me longer to fiddle with the buttonholes than to sew the vest (well, not exactly, but you get my drift).  I cut a size 2, using the size 3 shoulder lines, so it would be a smidge longer.
Butterick 6894
I only used the satin for the front pieces.  The rest of it was made from cotton broadcloth.  Isn't it cute?  Notice how small it is.  It's approximately 12" wide.  Aw...
This is the only shot of Andrew that I managed to get on the wedding day.  I didn't get to see it on him before, but from what I can tell, it fits pretty good!
Lindsey's garter was the very last thing I made.  I'm not a very fast sewer, so I was shocked to discover that it only took me 15 minutes to make this!  I should go into business making garters...
 And of course, I had to try it on.  Tee hee!
 And, last but not least, this is what my shower curtain looked like when everything was done.  That's a lot of stuff!  Phew, I'm pooped...

No comments:

Post a Comment